Spanish Baked Eggs with Fresh Chorizo
This is our take on Spanish Baked Eggs.
Using fresh chorizo cooked in the UPAN, so you also get that juicy succulent flavour that the UPAN provides.
1 x Red onion
4 x Fresh Chorizo sausages
2 x Garlic cloves, crushed
4 x Eggs
2 x Spring onions
½ tsp Hot smoked paprika
1 Tbsp Olive oil
1 Tbsp Red wine vinegar or ½ Tbsp of Balsamic vinegar
1 x 400g tin of tomatoes
1 cup Long grain rice cooked
1 cup (250ml) chicken stock
75g Baby spinach
- Preheat the oven to 180c and start cooking the rice if required
- Cook the fresh chorizo in the UPAN until almost done, sear all the skins and let rest. You want to keep as much of the juices in the chorizo sausage as possible
- Using an oven proof frying pan over a medium heat, add the oil, garlic, onions.
- Cook until soft then add the hot paprika and the sliced chorizo. Cook until the chorizo releases its juices
- Add the tinned tomatoes and stock. Leave to simmer and reduce. Stir in the vinegar.
- Add spinach, stirring in until the spinach wilts, around 1-2 minutes.
- Add the cooked rice and stir through. Season as required
- Using a spoon, make 4 hollows in the mixture.
- Carefully crack an egg into each hollow.
- Bake until the eggs are just set, around 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with spring onions chives to serve